This article applies as of PRTG 23
How to move a PRTG installation to a different system
Part 1: Short migration guide
This part of the article is meant as a shorter overview of how to migrate PRTG from an old system to a new system. The new system can be a virtual machine or a physical machine. You can follow these steps if you:
- use the default path for storing PRTG data,
- do not run PRTG in a cluster,
- have no remote probes,
- have direct internet access (which is required for license activation),
- run a supported Windows version that is up to date, and
- have the latest .NET version installed.
Find the how-to guide on our website: How to move a PRTG installation to a different computer in 9 steps
Part 2: Detailed migration guide
These parts of the article give an in-depth explanation of how to move a PRTG installation to a different system. The instructions are valid for a standalone PRTG installation, or for the primary master node when you run PRTG in a cluster.